The Pneumatic Tube Mail in Hamburg was first used at 24 October 1864. In the 1960s it was replaced by the "Großrohrpost".
The Großrohrpost was put into operation at 23 May 1967. The transport tube diameter was 45 cm. Großrohrpost carriers could be up to 160 cm. long.
# - Pneumatic Tube engine room Telegraph Office Hamburg
Photo found on page 100 of the book "100 Jahre C. Aug. Schmidt Söhne, Hamburg".
The book was published in 1941, therefore the photo is believed to be in the Public Domain.
Sources and more information: